Thursday, October 13, 2005

Bewilderment Abounds

A while back my friends and I were sitting around talking and after several hours and drinks; the conversation deteriorated into who we all thought was hot. Mind you, there weren’t just guys there, wives and girlfriends were there as well. Cutting to the chase, all of the guys talked about women that either bore some resemblance to the women they married, or at least shared several similar features with their wives. The women on the other hand, picked guys that bore no resemblance whatsoever to their husbands. None. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. Zero. For example, my friend T’s wife is in love with LL Cool J. T is a fat, bald white guy. In the interest of full disclosure my fiancé chimed in with Junior Seau and she once dated a member of the New England Patriots. (That’s another story that I will share soon) And I look nothing like any of them. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

5 comments:

katehopeeden said...

Hey, if you ar egoing to dream, dream big. :)
~K

Chloe said...

Jaxx, I can honestly say my celebrity crushes are equal opportunity; I enjoy many different types of guys. A lot of them do in fact have much in common with my real-life love. But remember what I said about thinking like a guy? Ha!

Earl said...

Yes Chloe, I remember so you don't count! :)

Bill said...

I've often thought I was strange in that I tend to not fantasize about other women, but, the ones I find attractive, often share a lot in terms of physical attributes with my wife. Seems maybe I'm not so strange after all...

I think women tend to like men not so much for their physical attibutes (althoough it plays a part I'm sure), but more for the 'personna' the person gives off. You might find that has more in common with you than you originally thought!

Yoda said...

Hmmm ... interesting. When I go hot-chic-looking mostly the chics I pick out bear no resemblence to each other or any other woman in my life.

Tried this today at a campus starbucks :-)